Sunday, March 1, 2009

..affidavits of the Infinite..

wow, it's been a while. You have my deepest apologies.
the students came back from Kona a few weeks back and again we, the staff, were plunged headlong into the beautiful bedlam that is YWAM life. From the quiet solace of only a handful of people to feed on base to the confused, animal frenzy at the watering hole, i thus re-began my kitchen duties (now clad in a sweet new apron i might add!). = )
In all honesty, the students were really missed. They are such a heartening school. At every chance to serve they do. We never have any complaints from the students working in the kitchen, they're never late, they don't slack off. They've brought so much refreshment to us as staff that we were eager to have them return.
Shortly after, the students from the Fall DTS 2008 returned from their outreach. As God's plan would have it, the locations they went on outreach were the same that our Winter school is headed to in only 5 or so weeks (AH!).
From what i could tell, the returning school brought copious amounts of encouragement to the winter students. We held a testimony night and hosted all the staff and both schools. Each Fall DTS team (China, Bangladesh and Borneo) shared a little as to what God did on their outreaches. There were multiple testaments of lives surrendered to Christ, CRAZY stories of spiritual warfare and even some testimonies of supernatural healings. God is obviously up to something in this unwraveling world. We ended the night with worship and both schools prayed and ministered to eachother. It was awesome to witness and honestly, just what my heart needed. It never hurts to be reminded why I'm here: to know God, make Him known. Love God, Love People. Pretty simple. but i'm pretty forgetful.

2 comments:

  1. Sam, you are such a beacon of light. I really wish you could see yourself the way we do: but then again, maybe the fact that you can't is God's way of humbling you. :)
    You encourage me when you don't even mean to. I really, really, really miss you. I wish I could be there with you, fighting for God. But for now, my mission is here in DC. And soon to be New Zealand. So we'll see. I hope you know that I feel God's love from you, even through this blog. I can't thank God enough for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam, your blog makes me smile every time I read it! I miss you so much...but somehow God is still using you as an example in my life even though you're in Maui. Funny how stuff works. I am really stoked that God is using you in the way he is and that he is drawing near to you as you draw near to Him. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete